Wednesday, February 19, 2014

3 Day Juice Cleanse

I decided to partake in a 3 day juice cleanse.  I've been feeling a bit sluggish lately and my  skin is looking a hot mess.  I normally juice a couple of times a week, but I am kicking it up a huge notch and drinking 6 juices a day! I will also eat at least one meal - I'm going to try to make that a raw meal, but veggies fer sure.

There a ton of reasons to juice, including detox, increased energy and clearer skin.  I won't go through all the benefits, you can find a million websites with great info.  I also recommenced checking out the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/  Joe Cross looses over 100 pounds through juicing. He went extreme juicing, which I only recommend
under doctor supervision.

I'm adopting recipes from http://www.vegancooking.com/juicing/3-day-juice-cleanse/.  She juices broccoli, which I'm not a fan of and I have a ton of carrots and grapefruits, so I'll add those to some of the juices.  Last night I make 3 days worth of juices for the first juice of the day.  Today I'll make the rest.  I just pop them in the freezer and will take them out each day that I need them.

I'm expecting major withdrawals the first and second day, I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment